Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hello friends,

This is a multiple choice question.

You are called into your boss’s office at 9 AM. He (or she) sits you down and says, “The Company has done an evaluation of your job performance. We have given you a 9 % performance rating. Your first thought is:

A) They are going to give me a raise

B) The company likes the job I am doing

C) They are going to FIRE ME in 30 seconds

Of course, if you work anywhere except one place the correct answer is “C”

The one exception is the US Congress.

In a report issued this week, the percentage of voters who give Congress good or excellent ratings has fallen to single digits for the first time in Rasmussen Reports tracking history. This month, just 9% say Congress is doing a good or excellent job. Most voters say Congress is doing a poor job, which ties the record high in that dubious category.

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/congressional_performance/congressional_performance

I realize that anytime someone quotes “numbers” they are probably incorrect. So I “goggled” several ways of searching “congressional approval rating” I came up with some interesting facts

http://rendevouswithdestiny.blogspot.com/2008/05/gallup-poll-congress-approval-rating-at.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0708/p03s04-uspo.html

I really like and admire the Christian Science Monitor. In my 35 years in Broadcasting, I have found them to be a MOST accurate and most balanced news organization.

So, lets say the number is wrong. Maybe its 10 %, even 20 %, or for the sake of argument, even a 30 % approval. That rating would get ALL OF us fired from our jobs, now, today or tomorrow.

So, I ask you all today, WHY DO WE TOLERATE THIS ?????? 9 PER CENT ??

What most people do not understand is that “WE” are the employer. These people work FOR US. If you and I don’t do a good job, our employer has the obligation to their stockholders to get someone that can.

We have the SAME obligation to our company, the U.S.A.

This is not a partisan issue, and has nothing to do with your political party affiliation.

The Republican had their chance until 2006, and they did NOTHING. And the Democrats have not fared much better. 9 PER CENT ??

Don’t take my word for it. DO THE RESEARCH. Be pro-active, and don’t wait for the other guy to do it. Then vote them ALL OUT.

And to Congressman Stearns, I ask….”How can you go on day after day knowing that no one trusts you, or approves of the job you are doing.” 9 PER CENT ??

And to those we give the honor of serving, I say “O.K. here is your chance. Prove me wrong”

9 PER CENT is the lowest approval rating in history. We should all be ashamed. I know I am.

All the best

1 comment:

p donahue said...

1150 boston, Ma is now WWDJ