Friday, July 18, 2008

WHERE HAS HE BEEN ??

WHERE HAS HE BEEN

That is a great question. And it was asked in a recent letter to the Star Banner from James M. Johnson of Ocala. I have never met Mr. Johnson and know nothing about his political affiliation. However he says, Rep Stearns has had ample time to make his mark in our Congress and has not stepped up to show the necessary leadership we expected when we sent him to Congress

I could not have said it better myself. As I said earlier in our musings, what has Cliff Stearns done for our district? Show me the bills he has introduced in Congress. Other than jumping on someone else’s “coat-tails”, he has done little in 20 years for this district.

Mr. Johnson goes on to say, “if he cannot change his philosophy of leadership to help bring our Congress together as necessary to serve all of us, he should admit his leadership failure and step down while we search for better leadership quality” BRAVO

The key here are the words, “serve all of us.” Not just Republicans or Democrats, but ALL OF US. That is why we sent him to Washington. All he has done lately is support some failed policies and follow along with all his “cronies.” Its time for a “leader” not a “follower.”

But it didn’t take long for a response. Before the ink was dry on this newsprint, another “pro” Stearns letter appeared. (I give the Banner credit here for printing both sides) This letter came from Kenneth R. Lowe. I am sure once I find time to research Mr. Lowe, I will find he is a major “cash” supporter of Mr. Stearns. Again, let me point out, there is nothing wrong with this, it just shows a pattern of pro letters coming from ONLY staff, staff members families and cash supporters.

Mr. Lowe writes, “I applaud Congressman Cliff Stearns for offering a series of bills that will expand our domestic energy production.” This is fine, applaud all you want, but you don’t tell me the bill numbers that Stearns wrote and placed before Congress.

I recently received a very colorful mailing (paid for by you and me) from the Congressman. It does list some house bills he supports. (And some I support as well) Even he does not say he wrote these bills. I guess if I support them, then can I be a Congressman too ?

There is one thing that puzzles me here. Every time a letter appears questioning Mr. Stearns’ actions, a rebuttal letter appears almost instantly. Except when I wrote in about the letter written by the husband of a staff member. Perhaps they could not come up with a reasonable response to that letter?????

Join us here early next week for more. Congressman Stearns has some of his famous “town meetings” scheduled for July 26th. Now this one I have to give him kudos on. He does more of these meetings than most Representatives and he is really good at it. And I hope his successor takes a lesson, and continues this practice.

I will share the schedule with you and maybe suggest a few “questions” you can ask. I would attend, but he would never call on me.

And in the future I will share my “Watergate Connection”, and tell you what a real Press Secretary is like.

Best to you all

No comments: